Apart from humans, animals are most likely among the most drawn elements. There are usually dogs and cats which are the common companion of humans yet wildlife drawings animals are also popular especially birds and other four-legged animals such as horses and deer.
Deer is commonly a symbol of wisdom. These are also among the most commonly-drawn animals in fairy-tales or fables. With that being said, learning how to draw a deer would be among the initial steps of an artist and learning how to draw this majestic animal helps in making it easier to draw other four-legged wonders.
Here are a few tutorials that will help enhance your drawing skills thus taking you to various steps on creating different types and styles of deer.
How To Draw A Deer
- How To Draw A Deer
- 1. DRAWING A DEER USING THREE BASIC SHAPES
- 2. A STEP-BY-STEP SKETCH OF A DEER
- 3. LEARN HOW TO DRAW A CUTE REINDEER
- 4. DRAWING RUDOLPH THE REINDEER – CARTOON STYLE
- 5. HOW TO DRAW A BUCK
- 6. DRAWING A DEER IN DIFFERENT POSITIONS
- 7. DRAW A BASIC AND SIMPLE DEER
- 8. LEARN HOW TO SKETCH A DEER’S EYE
- 9. 11 STEPS ON DRAWING A DEER
- 10. A SKETCHED DEER HEAD
- 11. DRAWING A DEER AND A FAWN FOR KIDS
- 12. LEARN HOW TO DRAW A CUTE FAWN
- 13. DRAWING A DEER HOOF
- 14. PAINTED DEER WITH WATERCOLORS
- 15. STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON DRAWING A DEER
1. DRAWING A DEER USING THREE BASIC SHAPES
Believe it or not, three basic shapes : rectangle, oval and square can help in drawing a deer. Each shape leads to a different deer position such as walking, (rectangle), running (oval) and stationary (square). These basic shapes are used as the core foundation of the drawing; more like a guide on where the body should be, the legs, the head and their proportions.
2. A STEP-BY-STEP SKETCH OF A DEER
3. LEARN HOW TO DRAW A CUTE REINDEER
4. DRAWING RUDOLPH THE REINDEER – CARTOON STYLE
Here’s a great drawing tutorial for kids especially now that Christmas is just right around the corner. It teaches them a step-by-step solution on how they can draw Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. It’s a cartoon-style so they won’t have to worry about the proportions that much. A great opportunity to make something practic and fun extremely educative.
5. HOW TO DRAW A BUCK
6. DRAWING A DEER IN DIFFERENT POSITIONS
Reference guides are important in making sure that the anatomy and proportions of a subject are right. Here are some useful reference guides when you’re drawing a deer in varying positions. It also helps in the structure of the subject which makes it easier to sketch and finally draw the animal.
7. DRAW A BASIC AND SIMPLE DEER
Here’s another great drawing tutorial for little kids out there. It’s basically a 2D drawing so there’s no need to fuzz over the smaller details. It’s a great way for kids to exercise their drawing skills which could really help them as they grow older.
8. LEARN HOW TO SKETCH A DEER’S EYE
9. 11 STEPS ON DRAWING A DEER
10. A SKETCHED DEER HEAD
Sketching is one of the most basic art forms. However, it’s still among the hardest. Nonetheless to start with other mediums, you may want to start with sketching and charcoal pencils at first. This helps practice not just drawing the subject but filling them in with colors according to how lighting in real life may affect them.
11. DRAWING A DEER AND A FAWN FOR KIDS
12. LEARN HOW TO DRAW A CUTE FAWN
13. DRAWING A DEER HOOF
14. PAINTED DEER WITH WATERCOLORS
15. STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON DRAWING A DEER
How do you see the tutorials and guides above ? We would love to hear from you and we would love to see alternative guides that can learn us and the entire community how to draw a deer ! Feel free to share you tips and tricks in the comment section below !